Monday 9 March 2009

How do you change yourself?


For so long I wondered in the darkness, lost in wildness,
because I have been living for myself.
It is satisfying, self-indulgent and to a large degree, a simple life.
I worry about nobody's well-being but mine,
I concern about no one's happiness but mine,
I eat when I please, I drink when I desire and I dance without care.
I ended up jumping into a large vacuum,
with no light in sight with no ground to land.
I was, intrinsically, empty.
People say you don't really live until you start living for someone else.
You happy when they are happy,
You sad when they are sad,
Their well-being and happiness is your utmost concern.
It is not a simple life,
It can be burdensome, tiring, frustrating and hard.
But life was not meant to be easy,
A life dedicated for others is hard but fulfilling.
It is through responsibility we achieve freedom,
It is through duty we obtain honor,
It is through caring we acquire happiness,
It is through sacrifice we express love,
It is through living for others, we finally began living for ourselves.
And, that, is a magical paradigm shift.
Suddenly we see,
we see the possibilities, the directions and the purpose of life.
Suddenly we feel,
We feel the courage, bravery and optimism start gathering strength.
Suddenly we are more hopeful,
Because we are living and serving for someone and something far bigger than any of us.
That's when we know we are changing and we are finally living.

No comments:

Post a Comment